Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another holiday weekend...alone--not at last

What I love most about holiday weekends is that everyone leaves town!!! That's a good thing; unless you're single and all your friends leave too. As I feel the holiday weekends loom in the distance, I try to make plans with my stay-in-town friends, who are few. Then, if they don't cancel, I feel lucky to have the presence of another human being with me. I'm sure you're thinking, wow, she has time on her hands and she's not appreciative of that. Yes I am. I have time to catch up on reading, work on my balcony garden, walk my dog, talk to friends, oh, that's right, my friends left town, ummmm, talk to the birds and the grocery store clerk. I try to tap into what author and psychiatrist, Judith Orloff says is the spiritual meaning behind what I'm going through. I come up with Karma - maybe in a past life I hurt all those close to me. Why else would I be alone so much of the time, be canceled on at the last minute and be left feeling dismissed. So, here it is Easter, renewal, celebration, rebirth, etc. Even my horoscope reads, "Ask for more help from angels and spirit guides." I think that's onto something. Don't try to figure this all out with my left brain...I'll come up empty. Turn to my spirit world for guidance. If I get into my head, I'll come up sad, disappointed, feeling alone and forgotten. I'm looking around for my angels to ask them for their help. I'm not getting any messages yet. For now, I will reach out to what is at hand and, I will start making plans to get out of town for Memorial Day, July 4th & Labor Day.

Be well & stay out of your left brain for a few minutes a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment